Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SP2 What If We Dont Want It ?

• Please log in to reply

buildingclimber

buildingclimber

• Pip
  • 1 posts
[FONT=Aria

[SIZE=7]
First, let me say ..I have a perfectly legal :D preinstalled version of XP on my PC
Now I have an honest and serious question for all..What if we / I choose NOT to install SP2..?
What if were/ I'm tired of giving up more and more hard disk space to Microsoft <_< for endless ENDLESS security updates ..?
What if I dont want a firewall which I cant turn totally off if I choose to ..? :D
What if I decide I no longer want to say "here Microsoft ..take complete control of my PC and my internet activities"?? :P
What if we / I think "enough is enough.??" l] :o [COLOR=blue]

Advertisements

silverslik1

silverslik1

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
well first i completly agree wit your complants and found them totally realistic and comical

i guess you dont really have to install the updates, just which ones you want but you are at risk for some problems in the future possibly

see with microsoft, they like to micro-manage their pc, they will give take total control of their software holders pc's so they can manage and look over what everyones doing and cant do

look at what sp2 offers you and see if you want to make the move more closly of talk to a microsoft rep. see what they have to say

i am with you though in your complaints

good luck man