Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bios

• Please log in to reply

Canorro

Canorro

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
how can i update bios the safe way its from phoenix BIOS
Its from a emachines c2881 its motherboard is VC37GV i found it from a pdf that came with the computer i think it support flashing
this computer is from 2003(i think) so im hopping there will be a new bios version

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
From what i have been looking aton the net, Emachines only supports certain computers for BIOS updates. Your computer does not seem to be one of them. Phoenix will not do anything and refers you to the computer manufacturer for BIOS upgrades. I think you are out of luck here on this.

And the reason for updating the BIOS is?

SRX660

Canorro

Canorro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

From what i have been looking aton the net, Emachines only supports certain computers for BIOS updates. Your computer does not seem to be one of them. Phoenix will not do anything and refers you to the computer manufacturer for BIOS upgrades. I think you are out of luck here on this.

And the reason for updating the BIOS is?

SRX660

Well their no atual reason only that i like to mess up with my comp by updating component, hacking( :) ) and learning stuff
So guest i cant update it at least i know i was going to flash the newest phoenix version if you said i could flash...
But thank you :) :)
edited:Oh now that i remember i once had a crash and microsoft toll me to upgrade some component i think it also had to do something with bios..You right phoenix doesnt do nothing to help they just send you to some site that checks your your computer tells you if you can upgraded your procersor how much ram it can be install and stuff but i didnt do it because you gotta call them i dont remember their names or site but i think i still have their email somewhere if you want their just ask..

Edited by Canorro, 23 February 2008 - 03:38 PM.