Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

laptop problems

• Please log in to reply

cokane

cokane

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
A few months ago I had a bad malware infection on my desktop so I started using my laptop. After a few days my laptop never really worked that well kind of slow it got on my nerves. So I got mad at it and slapped it. Just right of the mouse pad and it shut down and would not start up. So I re-installed windows (not the cd that came with the computer but at least got the laptop working) but ever since then I have had problems with starting windows and a clicking sound where I hit the computer I sounds like the hard drive. Some times once it starts running it shuts down or starts beeping some thing about unmountable boot error.

Advertisements

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Hello cokane,

You hurt your laptop in a bad way. That would be the sound of your hard drive failing. You'll want to make sure you get all precious data off the drive and onto another one before it stops spinning for good. Don't count on it to last much longer, unbootable really does mean unbootable (or soon-to be in your case).

Regards,

Ax

Moving to hardware.