Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Suspected Malware crss.exe

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

jacksbrain

jacksbrain

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I read the rules before posting a hijackthis log but the problem is most of my programs I can't even run. I can't get spyware search and destroy, ATF Cleaner, AVG Anti-Spyware, SUPERAntiSpyware, AVG or hijackthis to install. I had some luck with the panda scan except I can't get internet explorer to run.

I used the total scan with firefox and it came back with infections but when I tried to save the logfile it didn't appear on my desktop and i'm not sure if I should pay to have them 'disinfect' what was found. I'd say that about 70% of the programs I try to run on my computer just don't load at all. I don't know what to do, please help if you can. I assume i have some sort of malware blocking the programs from running. Also the usual programs that would load at the bottom right like zonealarm etc...don't when I restart.

One more thing is when I restart my computer I get a strange box that shows up right before windows loads, I tried to print the screen to post here but I can't open paint to paste it and show the picture. Also a lot of my program icons are gona replaced with generic ones.

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Don't make multiple topics