Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Is 45 Celcius too hot?

• Please log in to reply

georgewashington16

georgewashington16

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
I went into the BIOS and raised the Front Side Bus From 800 MHz to 900 MHz. When I did this, I played some games and then noticed my CPU was at 45 Celcius. 44 on the first core and 45 on the second core. Is this too hot and what temperatures should I be concerned about?

Advertisements

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Hello,

No 45° C is not too hot, it's actually pretty normal. On the other hand, if the temp gets to be 60-70° C, I'd start to worry.

Regards,

Ax

georgewashington16

georgewashington16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
Okay Thanks. I also turned up all the fans to 100 percent all the time which lowered the temperature to about 35 Celcius. Is turning all the fans on 100% all the time bad for the fans or my computer?

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
I don't think so, it may get a bit loud though if you have a lot of fans. You might want to just set them higher if you know you'll be doing gaming or other processor intensive tasks.

georgewashington16

georgewashington16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
Okay, thank you very much.

Edited by georgewashington16, 23 February 2008 - 07:28 PM.

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
:) No problem