Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Nero 8 Problem

• Please log in to reply

piperanne

piperanne

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi everyone,

Can someone please help me. I was stupid enough to upgrade to Nero 8 but i have never been able to get it to work.
It seems to download ok but when I try to install it, it states cab files are missing or corrupt. Thought there was something wrong with the registry so I downloaded
Registry Easy. when i run this it states that i have invalid or empty registry entries within Active X, OLE,COM and sections could cause system errors and application crash if not properly fixes. When i try to repair through registry easy it looks as though it works but when i try and run the application again it shows the same problems.

Do you think this could be connected to the problems i am having with nero.

It's driving me mad. Contacted Nero support however, it takes about 2 weeks to get an answer. I've had this version since 18th Jan and it is still not working.

pleeeesseeee help me fix my Nero

anne :)

Edited by piperanne, 23 February 2008 - 04:29 PM.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
your best bet would be nero support for your problem...go here..

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
The "cab files are missing or corrupt" error message when attempting to install a downloaded application is usually a sign that it didn't download properly, maybe got corrupted somewhere between the source and your PC. That would be even more plausible if other applications you've recently downloaded have installed okay, making it unlikely that the problem is at your end. Delete that download package and try downloading it again.

I cannot stress too much the importance of avoiding the use of so-called 'Registry Cleaners', especially free ones. However, in this case I assume you downloaded the trial version. This has only limited functions, which probably means it can find registry errors but won't correct them. You have to buy it for that to work. That's why the same 'errors' keep comimg up, but they may not be errors at all, simply a 'scam' to get money out of you. Then if you do buy it, it might remove entries which are vital for windows to run properly. But by then it's too late, they have your money and you won't get it back. Stay away from them.

Without seeing the actual registry-errors it claims to have found it's impossible to make any connection between them and your nero problem, but I'm leaning towards the opinion that there's no connection. If the problem was getting nero to run after it installed successfully, I would have said it could be the registry errors, but that's not the case here. Definitely sounds like you have a bad download so just try downloading it again, from a different website if possible. It may only be a trial version of course if you get it from another website, but even that will do just to test if it will install. If it still won't install, we'll try to help you further.

To happyrck -- the OP has already taken the matter up with nero support (read the post) but it has a 2-week response time apparently. hardly surprising therefore that he/she has come to us. I wouldn't say nero support was the "best bet" in those circumstances!

Edited by pip22, 23 February 2008 - 07:14 PM.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
to pip22

they actually have a FAQ section at thew link I provided...with self help like this
Top 5 FAQ
After updating my Nero 8 I'm not able to start Nero anymore.
This problem can occur on some special system configurations. To solve the problem you can simply rename two files on your computer and Nero will work
again:

Right-click the "Start" button in the Windows start menu and select the entry “Explorer”.
The Windows Explorer will open.
Open the directory
C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero8\OnlineServices
Right-click the files
nosusagestatistics.dll
nosproductregistration.dll
and select the entry “Rename” in the menu.
Rename the files into:
nosusagestatistics2.dll
nosproductregistration2.dll
Confirm this by pressing the “Enter” key.
You have renamed the two files.

Now start Nero again and the problem shouldn't occur anymore.
Update, Error Message, Error, Nero 8
Was this FAQ helpful to you? This FAQ helped me!This FAQ did not help me!
I´m having problems downloading from your website.
In some cases our servers could be down, or we may have an unusual amount of traffic on our website at the time you have attempted a download. In these instances, all you need to do is try again at a later time that same day. If it's over the weekend and the server is down, wait till the following Monday and we will have the problem resolved. We do provide up to 6 servers to download from. It's unlikely all 6 are down at the same time.
In most cases, the problem is not at our end of the connection. To resolve issues at your end, you should do the following:
- Disable any anti-virus program, Norton Protection or similar programs.
- If you are at work, you may need to approach your IT administrator, as you may have a firewall preventing such downloads.
- Contact your Internet Service Provider.
- Try downloading from another computer.
- Any kind of popup blocker could also cause problems. Please disable them while you download.
Problem, Website, Download, Problem, Website, Download
I'm having problems installing your software. What can I do?
It's likely that installation problems are caused by a previous version which is or was installed on your system. If you are experiencing any download problems please download the Nero Cleantool from our website and use it for removing all Nero files from your computer. After that proceed to install the latest available update for your Nero version.

If you will still experience problems please contact our technical support and provide the following information:
• Send a screenshot which shows the exact error message you get.
• Send the installation log files by using our GetSupportFiles tool.

Download the tool GetSupportFiles.zip and perform the following steps:

Extract the zipped file on your hard drive using WinZip or WinRAR. Start the tool by double-clicking on the EXE-file. Once the tool ran successfully, you will find a file called "NeroSupport.cab" on your desktop. Please attach the file "NeroSupport.cab" to your e-mail.

The following information will be collected in the NeroSupport.cab:
Nero Infotool, Nero log files (including installer log files), MSInfo, DXDiag
Nero 7, Nero 8, Problem, Installation, Nero 7, Nero 8, Problem, Installation
Since Nero 7 is installed on my computer I get the message WMS_IDLE / WMS IDLE does not respond when I shut down the computer.
For solving this problem please disable Nero Scout on your system. Please perform the following steps for disabling Nero Scout:

Go to "My Computer" right click on "Nero scout" choose options uncheck "Activate Nero Scout". Please reboot your computer. The indexing service will be disabled and the error message will not come up anymore.
Scout, Nero 7, Error Message
During installation from my disc I get the error message msxml3.dll was not found.
This problem only occurs when you are installing from your original Nero 8 installation disc and the XML-Parser 3 on your system is not up to date. The problem was fixed with our latest update of Nero 8.
Please download the latest Nero 8 version from our website and use this file for installing Nero 8 on your system:
Click here
Nero 8, Error Message, Installation

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
But the OP has clearly stated that nero won't even install owing to corrupted or missing cab files. That's somewhat different to having problems with it after installation.
None of the above covers inability to install because of corrupted or missing files.
nero's 'stock' answer to that (and indeed from any online software vendor) is to download again. Which is exactly what I've suggested.

piperanne

piperanne

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi,

Thanks for replying.

I contacted nero and they have advised me to do a few things, such as. Download a file called 7z457 which is similar to winzip. I downloaded it and used this file to open nero however, still didn’t work. I have followed Nero Support advice to the letter however, nothing working. Something strange did happen after I downloaded Nero and found I couldn't install. I then tried to update Adobe and this wouldnt' install either however, after a few days of trying to install it; it decided to work. I have absolutely no idea why.

Unfortunately I did buy Registry Easy.

I also contacted my computer support who said the problem isn’t with the computer.

I’m going to try downloading from another site and see if that helps.

Will let you know.

Thanks.
Anne

piperanne

piperanne

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi All,

I have just recently received an e-mail from nero and they are sending me out a new installation disk so hopefully that will resolve the problem.

Thanks for helping anyway.

Anne