Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

firefox 2 open link in new tab

• Please log in to reply

ekikos

ekikos

• PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
hey,

i installed firefox 2. i cannot get it to open a new tab when i left click a link... how can i do that? also open a new link when typing a new address in address bar?

thanks

Edited by ekikos, 23 February 2008 - 08:57 PM.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Go to Tools, then select Options and then select Tabs. Set your Options there.

Ron

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
It depends. Normally, left clicking on internal link will open in same tab, clicking on external link, should open new tab, if indicated under Options>Tabs.
To get more options, install very handy add-on, Tab Mix Plus: https://addons.mozil...efox/addon/1122

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts

It depends. Normally, left clicking on internal link will open in same tab, clicking on external link, should open new tab, if indicated under Options>Tabs.
To get more options, install very handy add-on, Tab Mix Plus: https://addons.mozil...efox/addon/1122

I have no extensions for Firefox to do that and mine works just fine the way the OP wanted FF to work.

Ron

ekikos

ekikos

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
all the options at the tabs menu are checked. but still when i input a new address in address bar it doesnt open a new tab. also when i click on links in my bookmarks list they dont open ona new tab. how to fix it then?

thanks

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
As I said, if you have Tab Mix Plus add-on, it'll give you those options:
Posted Image

ekikos

ekikos

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
thanks. i have added the addon and it works fine. i just thought it will be possible to do without the addon. another question is...i was trying to view the following video but it wont open:

http://yes.walla.co....=1/7052/1146149

any suggestions?

thanks

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
That particular web page opens for me, but it doesn't play any video. Must be web page fault.

ekikos

ekikos

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
thanks for your help.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
:)

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts

thanks. i have added the addon and it works fine. i just thought it will be possible to do without the addon. another question is...i was trying to view the following video but it wont open:

http://yes.walla.co....=1/7052/1146149

any suggestions?

thanks

Videos play for me ok. You need to go to the Mozilla site and add the Media Player Plug-ins for Firefox. Add any of the others if you think you need them as FF requires those plugins.

Ron

Edited by Major Payne, 24 February 2008 - 10:42 PM.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
This is little bit strange. They didn't want to play few hours ago, they play fine, now.

ekikos

ekikos

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
did you add the media player plugin and then it worked? i have installed the media player plugin and the page still did not open.which plugins do you have installed and how to uninstall a plugin.

thanks

Edited by ekikos, 25 February 2008 - 11:55 AM.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Firefox requires those plugins listed on the Mozilla site. Don't know why you want to uninstall them.

I have NoScript extension and I have to turn on JavaScript to get the videos to play on some sites. Which is what I had to do for the site in question.

Ron

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts

did you add the media player plugin and then it worked?

I didn't change anything. Maybe it was something with the web site, because movies didn't want to play that morning, but played OK later.