Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Device Manager

• Please log in to reply

Jnita

Jnita

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
Hello,

When reading one of the blue screen posts, I picked up on that an upgrade to a new motherboard (which I did about 2 months ago), resets your drivers to the original drivers on the disk.

So do I now go to the device manager»hardware and at the drivers window, do I simply click the upgrade button, or need I download the drivers somewhere else 1st?

Regards,
Juanita

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
hi Jnita & welcome to Geeks2Go

The "update driver" button in Device Manager only searches Microsoft's own driver library on it's website, with the result that it will often report "no newer driver found", leading you to believe that a newer driver doesn't exist. A newer driver may well exist, it's just that Microsoft doesn't have it.

The usual procedure for getting the latest drivers relevant to your PC is to visit the PC manufacturer's website (usually they will be in the 'downloads' section of their customer support pages) or if the drivers are for the motherboard itself and your PC manufacturer doesn't have a driver page on it's website, you can visit the website of the motherboard manufacturer if you know it's make and model number.

Edited by pip22, 24 February 2008 - 02:28 AM.

Jnita

Jnita

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Hi pip22,

Thanks for the assistance and your welcome greeting.

Regards,
J

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Hi Jnita, if you need help finding the drivers, please give us the make and model of the new mother board.

Jnita

Jnita

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Hello Ztruker,

Thanks for your offer.

Motherboard:
Foxconn P4M8907MB-2.0-RS2H
VIA P4M890+VT8237A
SOCKET 775
FSB 1066/800/533MHz
PCTEX 16
DDR2 533/400
USB 2.0
6 CHANNEL AUDIO
10/100M Lan
RAID
SERIAL ATA

UPC CODE: 683562102117
EAN CODE: 6938279105925

The link to the drivers would be greatly appreciated.

To install the driver(s), should I just 'run' the dowload or is it more involved than that?

Thank You,
Regards,
Juanita

ps. now that I saw the socket is 775, didn't someone say that they are not going to be manufactured anymore?

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Looks like everything is available from here: http://www.foxconnch...ID=en-us0000234

Look at the links on the right under Related Links.

Jnita

Jnita

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Thank you for your assistance.

Regards,
Juanita

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
You're welcome. Let us know how you make out.