Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Fans

• Please log in to reply

Jnita

Jnita

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
Hello,

It amazes me how little I actually know. :) Just got to love this forum!

Was reading the post on 45° - to hot or not.

So how and where do I change the setting at what % I want to run my fans at?

Pls treat this as a green novice question, since the more I read the tips and advice here, the more I feel like one. :)

Regards,
Juanita

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
A regular fan, be it a CPU fan or case fan, always runs at it's maximum speed by default. If you're willing to pay the extra money, you can swap regular fans for controllable fans which are supplied with a small control panel which slots into a spare drive bay.

What you can do with your existing fans is to install free software such as 'SpeedFan' but it will only work if the fans and their sensors are compatible with software-based speed regulation: http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

Jnita

Jnita

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Hi pip22,

Thanks, your assistance is greatly appreciated, as with all your other reply posts - great explanation!

Juanita