Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Which case and PSU to buy?

• Please log in to reply

trnstar

trnstar

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
I have a question, is this http://www.netaffili...2/22/30286.html power supply a good one?

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi there,

That's a big hearty YES from me :)

I personally have the 650W version, Antec make good PSUs and have a high efficiency rating. I don't think you'd have any trouble at all with this.

Cheers

Troy

mfarre03

mfarre03

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
Good job hijacking my post buddy!!!

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
:)

I didn't even notice that it was a different poster :) Sorry, mfarre03!

For future reference, trnstar, feel free to start a new thread for personalized help.

Cheers

Troy

trnstar

trnstar

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
why make a new thread when theres already one going? sorry mfarre03 I geuss next time I will make my own thread...

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi there,

In this case it wasn't so much of a problem, but sometimes in other threads it can get a bit out of hand.

The reason is that if someone has a particular problem, there may be more than one solution to fix it. If we're helping person 1, and person 2 comes along and says "I've got the same problem", it might be possible (more usually than not) that the same problem has a different underlying cause, and thus solution, to fix the problem.

So to avoid confusion, especially on the helper's behalf, we just have it like an unwritten rule to start your own thread every time you have a question. That way we can offer personalised help to get down to the points that matter.

For your question "Is the Antec True Power Trio 550W a good PSU?", I am tempted to ask why are you looking at that PSU, what's wrong with your current PSU, and so on until I understand exactly what it is you are trying to do and why. In that way, I can give you the best possible solution given your circumstances and budget.

I hope this clears it up for you.

Cheers

Troy

trnstar

trnstar

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
oh ok, I will make my own thread next time.

For your question "Is the Antec True Power Trio 550W a good PSU?", I am tempted to ask why are you looking at that PSU, what's wrong with your current PSU, and so on until I understand exactly what it is you are trying to do and why. In that way, I can give you the best possible solution given your circumstances and budget.

to answer that question you can go to my thread http://www.geekstogo...er-t188394.html :)

Rocknrollcows

Rocknrollcows

• PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
eh... I personally would have waited for the money to come in or waited for the 9600gt prices to stablize..

since the 8800gs was only set in as a temporary card.. yet.. its still more powerful than any other card O.o

hope you enjoy your choice XD

mfarre03

mfarre03

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
Please close this thread.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts

Please close this thread.

There's no need, mfarre03. Threads rarely get closed here unless the topic gets completely out of hand, is :), or is a Malware log that has been completed.

A little house-keeping help does not justify out-of-hand. If ever you need to continue with a question on this topic, it's right here ready to go :)

Cheers

Troy

Advertisements

mfarre03

mfarre03

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
So I had soo many problems with my build I bought a BFG 9600gt to use to test my board. SHould I send it back or keep it and send the 8800gs back? THe 9600 came from Bestbuy and was $200 compared to $149 for the 8800gs. Is it worth the money or should I just keep the 8800gs?

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
The 9600Gt is not worth the money. We have the 8800Gt going for 200 and then the 9600Gt for 179 which isn't worth it, so you've made a wise decision going with the 8800Gs, although it is the GS its still better than the 9600Gt. The 9600Gt however does seem to work in SLI better.

Soorena

Edited by SOORENA, 03 March 2008 - 06:35 AM.