Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Getting ALL my e-mail to show up in Outlook Express

• Please log in to reply

GeekSandy

GeekSandy

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hi, again. I have Time Warner cable as my Road Runner internet provider. I have Outlook Express as my PRIMARY e-mail. A few 'stray' e-mails don't arrive in my Outlook Express, but show up in my Road Runner account on RR.COM (same e-mail address for both accounts). Can anyone suggest how I can correct this so that ALL my e-mail shows up when I open my Outlook Express? Thanks!!! :)

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Welcome to the forum, GeekSandy

I suggest you only use Outlook Express all the time (or at least only one email client of some sort) instead of using two separate ones. Using two different clients concurrently, both with the same email credentials, is a recipe for confusion and odd behaviour.

Edited by pip22, 24 February 2008 - 11:51 AM.

GeekSandy

GeekSandy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Thanks for the quick reply, pip22. But I guess I didn't make myself clear. When you sign up for Time Warner Road Runner, you get an e-mail address. I've had it for years. And until recently all my e-mail went right to my Outlook Express (where I want it). But now (last few months), a few stray e-mails go to the RR.com site. I don't know why or how to fix it. I do only want the one 'client' as you say. Thanks anyway! :)

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Are there any similarities in the E-mails that do not get downloaded to OE? I'm wondering if there is some kind of SPAM blocker involved.

GeekSandy

GeekSandy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
No, ztruker... Some are junk, but some are from family... Just doesn't make sense to me. Thanks for trying!!! :)

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Try this:

Use Search from the Start menu to look for Pop3uidl.dbx. Click on Advanced Options and make sure Search system folders and Search hidden files and folders are checked.

When found, right click on Pop3uidl.dbx and rename it to Pop3uidl.dbx-save. A new one will be created the next time you open OE.

Corruption in this file can cause OE to not download files and also download the same file over and over again.

If that doesn't fix it, do you have an XP CD? If so, you can try uninstalling OE then reinstalling it as follows:
  • Click on Start, Settings, Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs.
  • Check Add/Remove Windows Components on the left.
  • Uncheck Outlook Express.
  • Click Next.
This will uninstall OE. Shutdown and reboot, then repeat the above only this time check Outlook Express so it will be installed.

GeekSandy

GeekSandy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Thanks again, ztruker. I did the first suggestion and nothings changed. I'm not comfortable uninstalling OE. I'm afraid all my e-mail would go somewhere else then. Thanks anyway... :)

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
You E-mail is kept under your account name in C:\Documents and Settings. Uninstall OE will not wipe it out.

If you can live with checking RR Webmail as needed, then leave OE undisturbed.