Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

left mouse button on touchpad will not work

• Please log in to reply

Veldomert666

Veldomert666

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I have a laptop with the touchpad mouse and the mouse was working perfectly fine and then all of a sudden the left mouse button just stopped working. I've tried restarting and shutting down waiting and starting up again. I've also tried system restore but everythime I try that it tells me there was an error in doing it after it finally restarts. So I don't kow what to do now. How can I get my left mouse button to work again? The right mouse button works just fine and so does the touchpad itself.

Advertisements

Will_00

Will_00

• PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
What did you recently install - probably regarding updates. Also, you may simply have minor problems with connections to your left mouse button. For this you would probably have to go to a shop and get it repaired, unless you would like to do it. I would as well simply suggest using an external mouse instead of getting it repaired.

Veldomert666

Veldomert666

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
well actually I had one of those wireless mice (mouses?) and just was using that. Then I got up to use the restroom and when I came back started using he computer again. And then I realized I wasn't using the wireless mouse. Somehow the left mouse button started working again...