Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CD/DVD Drive on Sony Vaio VGN-NR10E/S Laptop not reading cetain CD/DVD

• Please log in to reply

Mark Gee

Mark Gee

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi Guys,

I recently purchased a Sony Vaio VGN-NR10E/S Laptop and having issues with CD/DVD Player.

It appears to work in random in terms of reading discs. DVD's appear to work fine but certain CD's just do not appear to work and doesn't display or able to open the information in My Computer CD/DVD Drive.

The CD's are all fine and work on any other CD Player.

The Driver is a MATSHITA DVD-Ram UJ870QJ ATA Device and doesn't appear to have an issue (although previously I had to remove/delete the Upperfillters & Lowerfillters in RegEdit as had a Code error where the Drive wasn't even displaying in My Computer)

I have tried to remove and re-install the driver and this doesn't fix the issue.

If anyone has any ideas PLS HELP!! :)

Edited by Mark Gee, 24 February 2008 - 12:36 PM.

Advertisements