Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hp Factory Reset please

• Please log in to reply

Will_00

Will_00

• PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
Is it on the entire screen - such as other windows explorer windows, other applications, etc?

Advertisements

Capt.trunks

Capt.trunks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Internet explore no The tool bar on the bottom is grey and if you click the control panel icon to say i needed to use restore the who background is white well all but the words.... any idea what the kid did?? im kinda lost at this point been messing with this computer for a while and now i got it running where i can open programs

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
You're talking about this, right? [attachment=19518:toolbar.gif]

That's normally controlled but the theme or style you are using. Open Display Properties (right click on the Desktop, select Properties).

What theme is being used? Windows Classic will give you the older, W2K grey look. Mine is set to Windows Modified because I've made some changes to it, but it 's based on the Windows XP theme.

Click on the Appearance tab. What style is selected in the Windows and Buttons drop down box? Should be Windows XP style.

Capt.trunks

Capt.trunks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
No windows xp selection... What next to try

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Sounds like you are missing files. Did you ever order the recovery CD from HP If not, have you tried the F10 recovery option? Sounds to me like it's time to save your data and reload.

Capt.trunks

Capt.trunks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
yes i did order it sound like time to start new info as well thanks for help

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Please let us know how you make out.