Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot install Dreamweaver CS3 - it's already installed

• Please log in to reply

cjweisman

cjweisman

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I purchased a computer from work that had an unathrorized version of Dreamweaver CS3 on it. It did not work. I purcahsed a legit copy and intended to install it over the "existing" application. I keep getting the following response during the initial system check:

Adobe Dreamweaver CS3 is already installed. To remove or modify this software, use ther original installer. Adobe Dreamweaver CS3 cannot be installed because it conflicts with:

Adobe Dreamweaver CS3

I do not have the original installer. I have tried all of the items below.

1] Tried removing with Windows Add or Remove Utility. Dreamweaver is in there, but has no file size associated with it and clicking on the remove button does nothing.

2] Used YourUninstaller! 2008 to remove everything assocated with Dreamweaver CS3. According to that software there is nothing left on my computer but still the problem exists.

3] Used RegSweep to fix every bad registry entry associated with removing Dreamweaver and still the problem exists.

4] Searched on the web and found someone with the same problem who solved it by installing it on another computer, copying the entire Adobe folder onto the original computer and using the uninstall service to uninstall. According to that person it work, although I am hesitant to use it.

Any suggestions for cleaning up my hard drive of any evidence that Dreamweaver CS3 ever existed will be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

cjweisman

cjweisman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Solved the problem in case anyone is interested. Adobe has create some "clean up" scripts that can be downloaded and run in command line that fixes the problem.

web designer phuket

web designer phuket

• Pip
  • 1 posts
You have to remove it manually editing registry.
from start > click >
type regedit
and locate
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
and find dreamweaver cs3 and delete it.
In this way any programs you can delete manually.
Best regards
Jo