Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Group Emails

• Please log in to reply

shevylowe07

shevylowe07

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I have a friend who is creating a database of clients on excel. We need to know first, if excel is the best recommended program as a mail database or would access be better? Her computer system is Vista. What she wants to do is to be able to highlight a single row of people and email only these people in this row. God, i'm trying to figure out how to word this so you understand me!! not easy! Basically what she has set up is 1st row- name, 2nd row-address, 3rd row-email, 4th row-phone number etc, then in the remaining 5 or 6 rows she has "only" marked in these rows if this row information corresponds to this person. Does that make sense??? So for example say the 6th row is for "cooking" but this certain person isn't doing "cooking" my friend will leave that cell blank. Now when i think about it, i can't really see how this is going to work at all! Can someone please help me, she is kind of depending on me to do this, and i'm really baffled! Am i better off transfering all the information into access? If so, how can i do that simply??!! I apologise in advance for a frustrating "question"!! I hope someone can help me out there!!! Please feel free to ask me any other questions if i can explain this better to you!
Thank you so much in advance!!
shevylowe07

Edited by shevylowe07, 24 February 2008 - 10:07 PM.

Advertisements

Will_00

Will_00

• PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
I have never tried WebOffice, but I found it in a search. It claims to be able to create an online database similar to what you were asking. It can be accessed here.

It seems that you should be able to do what you are asking in Excel and possibly link the people to their emails using one PowerPoint slide, or plausibly Excel as well. You can do this by selecting the person and clicking "Insert," and "Hyperlink." There is an option for "Email Address."