Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blurry monitor

• Please log in to reply

marjie

marjie

• Pip
  • 0 posts
Hi, I am a new member as of today.
I purchased a new pc and Hanns monitor.
The text is blurry -
I installed the software for the monitor - no improvement
I tried Clear Type - no improvement
I tried all the different resolutions for the monitor - no improvement
I am baffled on what I should do.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Marjie

Advertisements

jeffk813

jeffk813

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
I'm going to assume that this is an LCD monitor, since you said it was a Hanns. LCD monitors have a default resolution that your display settings need to be set to. While the monitor may work, if the computer isn't set to the right screen resolution, the picture will look blurry or otherwise not right. Somewhere in the documentation with the monitor the default resolution should be listed. Or, if you tell us the model number, we can look it up for you.

Are you familiar with changing your display settings?

Rocknrollcows

Rocknrollcows

• PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
The refresh rate for average LCD monitors is 60hz. If it's something else, then it may look bad..

also, have you tried updating your Graphics card drivers?

Also check the connection to the monitor to the computer. It may be loose.

jeffk813

jeffk813

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

The refresh rate for average LCD monitors is 60hz. If it's something else, then it may look bad..

Indeed, but the default refresh rate for ANY monitor in windows is 60Hz. Also, I don't think an LCD would work at all if the refresh rate was anything other than that. It's likely that the refresh rate is set correctly.

I do agree that the display cable could be loose. That's easy enough to check for.