Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista home premium OEM

• Please log in to reply

andrew brunner

andrew brunner

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
im thinking of buying the vista home premium-OEM to save money.

i don't plan on installing it on a diff comp later.

but if i would have to reinstall it on the same comp would i run into any probs with the reactivation?

Advertisements

cathudog

cathudog

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
Yes you may have to call to activate and I will tell you this is how I deal with the call do not offer any more info than is asked and I just say if asked why you had to reinstall I had a driver issue and had to do a new install then they ask how many system you key is used on you say just this system and they give you your long list of number and letters to punch in and thats it your activated. i have did it 6 times on my old Premium version thats why I went to Ultimate it gives me less issues with some programs I run. Good Luck and have fun with the software.