Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem with Ad-aware

• Please log in to reply

Shyla

Shyla

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
I've had Ad-aware 2007 pro edition for a long time. A couple hours ago while doing a scan I decided to turn on Ad-watch, which I've never used before.

Instantly, several of my favorite sites quit working ( I get time-out errors or the page just hangs and does nothing).

I have friends using these sites so I know they are working just fine.

I then turned Ad-watch off. It did not fix it. I deleted cookies and temp files. Still didn't fix it. I rebooted and it did not work. I restored computer to 2 days ago. Still did not work.

I use Firefox, but opened IE to try, still does not work.

This (Ad-Ware/Ad-Watch) was the absolute only thing I touched.

Any ideas?

Advertisements

Will_00

Will_00

• PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
You may want to try the Free Anti-Virus programs in my signature. I as well suggest posting a log in the HijackThis section of the forum.

Shyla

Shyla

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Well thanks but I have Nod32 antivirus which is an awesome AV. I only use adaware to occasionally clean things up quickly.
I should have never turned ad-watch on in the first place, just trying to get it to stop working after it has been turned off. I will try the hijackthis option though, thanks.