Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Connecting my Wii to the internet through my computer

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

HalfJax

HalfJax

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
What I want to do is to connect my Wii and my DS both up to the internet using my computer as the access point.

I have the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector, my Wii, two DS’s, my computer, and a dialup connection.

I have found places that say that it is possible to connect up using dialup and even give a tutorial on how to do it.

The problem is that I get to a certain point and can not continue.

The point is when it states to allow other network users to connect through this computers Internet connection. Basically the Internet Connection Sharing options. The problem is that I do not have those options available and that confuses me.

In the advanced tab for my dialup properties it only has a box titled “Windows Firewall” and a button for settings. There is no section there at all concerning ICS.

Am I missing something or am I just not able to do this? I am really confused as every place I have checked says I can but I need to allow ICS before I can continue.

Thanks for any help in this matter

Advertisements

98springer

98springer

• PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
Have you looked for ICS under "Services"? it may not be enabled. Not sure if you'll be able to use both devices at once though.

Edited by 98springer, 27 February 2008 - 10:07 PM.

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
It's easier and less confusing if you keep it all in one thread. :)

Please continue here:
http://www.geekstogo...CS-t189052.html

I'll close this one.