Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error message when shutting down

• Please log in to reply

Phillios

Phillios

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hello!

Can anyone explain, or does anyone know what this type of error message means?

0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x63810190, 0x98F31D64, 0x00000000)

It appears now and again when I shut down my computer...

i don't really know how to fix it.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
The possible reasons for this are several (eg a virus, bad RAM, corrupted or conflicting device-driver. It helps to narrow it down if you can tell us what the 'fault statement' was at the top of the BSOD (if there was one). It appears in block capitals, such as: "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA", though of course it will probably say something different in your case, but the statement, whatever it is, conforms to that style, with underscores between the words. They are a big help in narrowing down the possibilities or at least eliminating those that don't fit a particular fault statement's known causes.

Edited by pip22, 26 February 2008 - 09:57 AM.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
I've seen this caused by video drivers. Try updating your video and see if that helps.