Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Icon for C: drive won't change

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
I've assigned a custom icon to my C: drive using an easy registry edit, along with custom icons for the slave drive and both DVD-drives. They all work fine, except the C: drive - it just won't appear with the custom icon i've assigned to it, it insists on using the default icon. I've checked the Registry and the full path to the icon I want is shown correctly, just like all the other drives are. So why doesn't it work for the C: drive? I've logged off/on and restarted, I even deleted the iconcach.db file in case it was corrupted. No luck.

Oh, and it used to show it's custom icon until today, when for some reason it decides to use the deafult icon. So it's not as though it never worked at all.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Please ignore -- fixed.