Now the best part of the day ----- Your log now appears clean
Double click winpfind35 once again and you should see a CleanUp! button, press that button, you may get prompted by your firewall that winpfind35 wants to contact the internet, allow this, a cleanup.txt will be downloaded, a message dialog will ask you if you want to proceed with the cleanup process, click Yes. This will delete all the tools you have downloaded plus itself
Now to get you off to a good start we will re-set your restore points so that all the bad stuff is gone for good. Then if you need to restore at some stage you will be clean. There are several ways to reset your your restore point but this is my method:
1. Select Start > All Programs > Accessories > System tools > System Restore.
2. On the dialogue box that appears select Create a Restore Point
3. Click NEXT
4. Enter a name e.g. Clean
5. Click CREATE
You now have a clean restore point, to get rid of the bad ones:
1. Select Start > All Programs > Accessories > System tools > Disk Cleanup.
2. In the Drop down box that appears select your main drive e.g. C
3. Click OK
4. The System will do some calculation and the display a dialogue box with TABS
5. Select the More Options Tab.
6. At the bottom will be a system restore box with a CLEANUP button click this
7. Accept the Warning and select OK again, the program will close and you are done
Now that you are clean, to help protect your computer in the future I recommend that you get the following free program:[*]
- SpywareBlaster to help prevent spyware from installing in the first place.
- SuperAntispyware Run weekly to keep your system clean
To keep your operating system up to date visit
- Microsoft Windows Update
To learn more about how to protect yourself while on the internet read this article by Tony Klien: So how did I get infected in the first place?
Prefetch is clickable for more information
Click start then run, type prefetch then press enter, click edit then select all, (all files will highlight), right click any file, click delete, confirm
Click start then all programmes, accessories, system tools to run disc clean up
Download, install and run [url="http://www.tune-up.com/products/tuneup-utilities/"]Tuneup Utilities 2008
Select Free up disk space
Select Unneccesary files and backups then clean
Select Maintain Windows
Run Drive Defrag
Run Tune Up registry clean up
Then run Reg Defrag, the screen will lose colour during the process which can take a few minutes and then needs a reboot
Those will have cleared the drive of obsolete software errors
These are suggestions for making the most of the free trial
[b]Select Increase performance
Run the internet Optimiser to accelerate downloads, select the speed just above your actual connection speed, this requires a reboot.
After the reboot, click Increase performance then system optimizer to run system advisor
Edited by Essexboy, 06 March 2008 - 04:02 AM.