Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

hi, why does my speaker keep producing 'zzz' noise?

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
hi all, i wonder what's wrong wif my laptop or my speaker, everytime i turn on my speaker, it keeps producing like a'zzz' noise, not too loud but kinda annoying ;(

and also, let's say if i play dvd, the sounds come a bit late. is the problem about the software? or wif the speaker?

• PipPipPip
  • 716 posts
I'd say it's probably a surge in your home which is causing the zzzzz sound. Do you know if the electrical wiring in your home is grounded? If not it the outlet on your walls may be sending to much electricity to your pc which can cause leakage noises on your speakers. If this only occurs when you plug it in the wall than that is the case. If your on battery and not plugged into the wall than it's either an issue with your windows volume master settings or your software.

What software are you using?

This is the optimal and factory windows xp master audio settings which you can get to through start>all programs>accessories>entertainment>volume control.

Posted Image

Edited by superstar, 26 March 2008 - 10:39 AM.