Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Help With DVD disk not showing up

• Please log in to reply

Coduez

Coduez

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi im new and im in some desperate need of some help

Okay i was burning a dvd it failed on me the after that my DVD drive stopped reading disks and so did my CD drive ive tried swapping them around inside the comp but that didnt work ve tried uninstalling them and re installing them and i even tried new drivers and they didn work

so can anyone please help me?!

oh yeah i have a HP Computer but the DVD drive is an LG DVD

Advertisements

Matt Brownn

Matt Brownn

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Will it read any disks or just not that one?

Coduez

Coduez

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
none at all, the thing is both of my disc drives arent reading any

BravoZulu

BravoZulu

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
If it's an IDE DVD drive re-attach the IDE cables on both ends (mobo to DVD drive) and check for bent pins. Also get into the device manager and right click the DVD drive and get into "poperties" and make sure "enable digital audio" is checked for the device. Additionally you can go back to a system restore if you have one when it was working maybe it's an OS issue but I doubt it but you never know. The next thing to try would be a different IDE cable, then iall or any of that doesn't work if the DVD is actually still listed in the device manager uninstall it from there and reboot the system and see if/when it re-detects the DVD drive that everything is ok at that point.

Coduez

Coduez

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
ive tried all of that and they still dont work. its so strange i dont understand they were working fine and then they just suddenly stopped.

BravoZulu

BravoZulu

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
Hi again, past this point I would buy another DVD drive at a local store that way it can be returned for any reason within 15-30 days directly to the store. DVD-DVDRW drives aren't that expensive these days.

Coduez

Coduez

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
darn oh well thanks for the help atleast now i know what i need to do thanks for the help! :)

BravoZulu

BravoZulu

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
No problem, and I hope you get back up and running soon.