Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

GRAPHICS CARDS

• Please log in to reply

Skyedog

Skyedog

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Do both cards have to be identical when running in SLI mode? I have an 512 gts and a 320 gts can they be ran in SLI mode? They are both 8800GTS EVGA cards.

Edited by Skyedog, 26 February 2008 - 08:23 PM.

Advertisements

Matt Brownn

Matt Brownn

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
No they do not they just have to be the same type Ex. Two 8800 GTX's as long as they are the same series they will work fine they will just run at the slower card speed.

Edited by Matt Brownn, 26 February 2008 - 08:26 PM.

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
The cards you speak of will not work in SLI together. This is because the 8800GTS 320MB uses the G80 core and the 8800GTS 512MB uses the G92 core. Also, they would need the same amount of RAM. You would need either two 8800GTS 320MBs or two 8800GTS 512MBs to use SLI. However, one 8800GTS 512MB would outperform two 8800GTS 320MBs, so I don't suggest getting another 8800GTS 320MB for that purpose.

Skyedog

Skyedog

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
STETTYBET0, thanks for the info, I haven't been back here for a little while and you are right, I did a little research myself and came to the same conclusion. But thank you for responding... :)

Edited by Skyedog, 08 April 2008 - 01:24 PM.