Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win XP administrator password

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

vally

vally

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
I installed a home computer with Xp Pro and after 3 weeks the person gave me a call and said that the computer needs a password for the administrator and you can not log in.
I can't recall the password or that there is one.
I connected the hard drive to another computer and there is only one profile 'administrator'
Is there a way to find out what the password is or to change it?

Advertisements

vally

vally

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
I found Edit: link removed and was wondering if this would solve the problem and if anyone ever tried this

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
Due to the fact that we cannot verify the truthfulness of your request, we cannot help you recover any passwords for any system or software installed on your (or anyone Else's) computer. you may very well be asking for legitimate help in a legitimate situation but we cannot be sure of this. for all we know you could be a child trying to get into a parent's account or worse, someone trying to gain access to information that you have been explicitly denied access to by someone of higher authority

If you have any problems with this please contact a Moderator or an Admin..

it's very probable that someone that uses their computer set the password....passwords do not get set on their own