Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Ghost Sata USB Boot CD

• Please log in to reply

Stevo7777

Stevo7777

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,

My overall goal is to boot to a cd, capture the image of either a Sata or Pata HDD, and then back it up to CD's. After which, I need to restore other machines of the same exact type, with this same CD. It needs to be able to have SATA drivers and USB drivers (incase I backup to an external enclosure). My question is: What Norton's product can do this, ( I currently have Ghost 2003), and is there a concise list of switches that anyone knows of for me to modify the features?

Thank you all for your time,

Stevo7777

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
your over all plan seems to suggest that the target machines would have to have 2 cd drives in every instance one of which being a burner

i'd suggest using a usb drive as your target media instead of CD....just to make things easier....you can always burn the drive image files over to CD later if you need to

might i suggest checking out the UBCD4WIN it's a "live CD" utility that is basically a bootable XP CD with a bunch of usefull tools included....one of which being DriveImage XML which is a free drive imaging suite that can do direct disk to disk images or standard drive backup style images....you could use the UBCD to run driveimage to image the target drive over to a USB drive, then use the UBCD to restore said image to the destination machine