Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Outlook 2003 Test Message Faliure

• Please log in to reply

Don B

Don B

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Guys,

im having a real issue with outlook 2003 and my mail account, I have set the account up in outlook several times with the correct credentials but keep getting a failure on send test message, everything else passes fine, the error I get is "the specified server was found but there was no response, check port & ssl information is correct" I have checked the settings and everything is as it should be. I then setup the same account in windows mail (im running vista) with exactly the same credentials and everything works fine. I have tried the account in several machines all running outlook 2003 and it fails every time, but when in windows mail it works fine. Iím totally confused as it canít be my mail provider as it works in windows mail, just not outlook. I have installed office again, even installed on my friendís xp machine, outlook 2003 and it fails.

Any ideas??

Advertisements