Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bios hangs, PC doesnt start

• Please log in to reply

etd0000hr

etd0000hr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
ahhhh i think im too late to RMA the mobo

Edited by etd0000hr, 24 April 2005 - 05:39 AM.

Advertisements

etd0000hr

etd0000hr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
ahhh i think im too late to RMA the mobo......

...Question, my previous setting was HDD in IDE1 and CDROM in IDE2 although the pc did detect both drives, after the post for some reason it said something like "disk failure, enter system disk and press enter"...how can IDE2 be defective if it worked fine with the CDROM????

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
You're right Rick, I'd completely missed that - all I saw was that the previous problem was fixed, so didn't bother to pay much attention to the details!
I don't normally make that sort of mistake, must be slacking!!

If there is a problem with the secondary ide channel, then I agree with you that this could well be a mobo issue.

etd0000hr
Given the original problems you were having with your hard drive, have you run any hard drive diagnostic tests?

BTW failure at step 19 0x00000000 just means that you clicked NO when it asked if you could hear anything!

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Right, this question is important....

Do you have the front panel audio connector connected to the motherboard (allows you to plug speakers into the front of the case) & if so, are you using it?
Or is it disconnected & you are using the speaker jack on the rear of the system?

etd0000hr

etd0000hr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
i am using the rear jack, i do not have the front speaker connected, they are two jumpers on pins 5,6 and 9,10 on JAUD1 where the cables belong.

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
[bleep], thought I might have found the problem then!

I assume that out of the audio connectors on the rear of the mobo, your speakers are plugged into the jack on the left of the middle row & that the audio software control centre is configured to single channel output?

etd0000hr

etd0000hr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
WHAT???

I have a 5.1 surround sound, so i have the black, yellow, and green jacks connected. I have the realtek software configured for 5.1 surround sound

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
So you have more than 2 speakers connected then?

etd0000hr

etd0000hr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
The speakers I have is Logitech X-530, its one main speaker that connects to the audio jacks (at the rear of the pc) and connects to the subwoofer, while the rest of the speakers connectes to the subwoofer.

Do you think I should just get a PCI Sound card -- or should I RMA the motherboard back. I think it would be a lot cheaper if i just get the sound card, and I really don't want to spend anymore money..... :tazz:

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
I can't think of anything else to suggest I'm afraid.
I have sent a message to audioboy on your behalf, asking for his advice. He seems to be particularly good with audio related stuff (hence the name I guess!).

You may want to wait & see if he comes up with any ideas.

Advertisements

etd0000hr

etd0000hr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Thanks sam and doby for your time and effort, and thank you for requesting help from audioboy on my behalf, i just hope he can reach me in time -- if i am going to RMA the mobo to the company im gonna have to do it ASAP

thanks for your help, you guys rock! :tazz:

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Your welcome but this was all Samm doing her usual good job

Chumara

Chumara

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
maybe... you should try updating the bios if there is an update.. and/or update your sound drivers.. also.. I have the x-530's also and all the speakers connect to my mobo's onboard audio ports not just one cable from the subwoofer to the audio... so maybe you typed it wrong or I misinterpreted or you're missing some cables..

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts

Your welcome but this was all Samm doing her usual good job

View Post

Cheers Doby!

etd0000hr

etd0000hr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Hi etd0000hr and Samm,

If I could butt in for just a moment and please correct me if i'm wrong but in the very beginning in the second post etd0000hr mentioned he had to place the cdr on the same ide channel as the hdd to be able to boot to windows, this is not a good setup and a performance hit. But it also suggests to me that the board is not so good if the 2nd ide channel ain't working, that coupled with the sound issue maybe the board is bad.

I dunno what you think Samm

Rick

View Post

I fix this problem my setup is now HDD in IDE1 and CDROM in IDE2...i just removed the jumper that set the HDD as master -- currently the HDD has no jumper