Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

amd Processor model unknown

• Please log in to reply

Khazrek

Khazrek

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
ok i have a AMD 6000+ on a MSI K9N SLI Platinum when the PC starts i get Unknown Processor Model and when i go to my System specs is says the same. i have the lastest BIOS and my Motherboard Does support it... anyone know whats up?

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Can you actually see the name/model of the CPU in the BIOS? If not, it needs updating despite you thinking it's got the latest BIOS revision already.
If you already have all this in place then you may need to update the motherboard chipset drivers using the MSI 'LiveUpdate' web utility:
http://www.msicomput.......um&class=mb

Khazrek

Khazrek

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Your current version is 1.20, The latest online version is 1.20, Your current version was updated and optimized.

says this for the BIOs and i ran it again all i have left for the Live update is the software updated windows.... idk what else i can do...

oh and where do i check to see if its its on the BIOs?

Edited by Khazrek, 27 February 2008 - 09:38 PM.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Ignore the "Live Update" software, it helps you achieve nothing.

Here you go:
http://global.msi.co...amp;prod_no=251

Latest BIOS version: 1.10. Your software is probably telling you you have BIOS version 1.2 which is the version that the board went out with when it was made. 8 new revisions since then.