Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My CD/DVD drive is not reading my CD properly

• Please log in to reply

Gradam

Gradam

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi.
Firstly I will say, I'm not sure if this is a hardware or software issue, so I've posted this thread and also another thread on a hardware forum just in case.
Anyway, the problem is only with one CD (Bejeweled 2 Deluxe installation CD). When I attempt to play the game on my PC, it asks me to insert the Installation Disc, so I do (this is the original disc, not a pirated copy). Then the popup that comes up asking me what I want to do (eg, play files in iTunes, view files in a folder, etc) tells me that I have inserted an Audio CD.
I know there is not a problem with the CD, as I got the game onto my computer some time ago using the exact same CD, and when I insert it on my Mother's computer, it works perfectly.
Please help me identify the problem.

Some information you may want to know (let me know if you need more, you probably will):
I am running Windows XP SP2
My CD/DVD is LITE-ON DVDRW SHM-165P65.

I have a suspicion that this is a software problem, as it is only the one disc, (perhaps an update on something that now interferes with this disc?). Any help would be much appreciated, and I apologise for wasting everyone's time if this is a hardware problem. I will also apologise for if I've posted this in the wrong section of this forum.

Thanks, gradam

Advertisements