Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

A great way to listen to music online...

• Please log in to reply

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts
A friend has given me a link to this website, Deezer. It's a France based music-on-demand service (like Pandora, but different). It is totally legal (they share their profits with the artists) and unlike Pandora, you can choose whatever song you like (there's almost anything). There is no limit to how many songs you can listen to.

I wondered about the legal aspect of things, but from what I have read, they appear to be totally legal. They have links to download the tracks from iTunes and Amazon's Music Download service. The interface is very pretty and sleek, and buffering times are good for me (might be more waiting in the US since they are France based).

It's a great alternative to Pandora (and we can't access Pandora from here, either), and it's much more flexible. I find it a great service and I suggest you check it out - I've came across lots of interesting albums I haven't ever seen (of course I'll buy them next time I visit the music store :))

Advertisements

Will_00

Will_00

• PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
I would also suggest Grooveshark and Songza - Both Great Free Legal Music Sites.

Rawe

Rawe

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts
Deezer impressed me right away. Too bad there's no last.fm scrobbling support there :)

Too much of a last.fm addict to listen to music on the site.

Songza also seems nice, same problem though. Well, atleast I can use them to find some more good music to try out first :)

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts
Songza is more of a YouTube streaming service (streams audio through YouTube). I find Deezer quite useful and I'm totally addicted to it. Last.FM got on my nerves since it started giving out these weird tracks that I didn't even want to hear :)