Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Vertical line on LCD screen

• Please log in to reply

arpalermo

arpalermo

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
I have a defective LCD with a single blue vertical line running down it. It came from a defective shipment of viewsonic lcd's, so it was born that way and hasnt changed at all in the 1 year ive had it. Is there anyway i can fix it?

Advertisements

arpalermo

arpalermo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Its a 19" viewsonic monitor model VA1912wb

arpalermo

arpalermo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
oh and its not my computer because i have used this monitor with many different computers at all the resolutions and everything

wytboy55

wytboy55

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
you should have informed them (viewsonic) or the company where you purchased the system with the monitor so that they can replace it right away. Based on experience, once there is a vertical line on the monitor, the company replaced it immediately because users cannot do anything about it. Computer technicians are not LCD , TV technicians, those are two different fields. Anyway just a suggestion, try calling the manufacturer and they should be able to replace it if it's still under warranty.

arpalermo

arpalermo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
It cannot be replaced, it was supposed to be defective.

jeffk813

jeffk813

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
A line like you describe is due to an internal defect inside the LCD panel itself and there isn't anything that you can do to fix it.

geekman4

geekman4

• Pip
  • 7 posts
If it's not under warranty then what to do ?

Is there any way to replace the vertical red line thats coming in my Laptop screen ( Dell Inspiron 1545)

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts

If it's not under warranty then what to do ?

Use it as is or, trash it. :)

Is there any way to replace the vertical red line thats coming in my Laptop screen ( Dell Inspiron 1545)

No, you would need to replace the entire defective part.

Edited by SpywareDr, 13 July 2010 - 03:12 AM.