Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

javascripting

• Please log in to reply

Kraker

Kraker

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
Will someone tell me "step by step" how to determine if I have this? I am trying to open www.worldmathsday.com & all I get is a blue screen. Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Thanks.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
try enabling javascript...how to is here...
no joy then look in your control panel...add/remove programs and see if you have java installed...check the version number and post it back here..
if you don't have it ...go here and get Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Update 4...its the 5th one down the list...

Edited by happyrck, 28 February 2008 - 04:22 PM.

Kraker

Kraker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Thanks for your help. In add/remove programs I have Java Plug in version 1.4.2-03. Is this the same as Java Script?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
go to www.adobe.com and click on the link to download flashplayer...the entire page seems to be a flash object...not sure why it didn't force you to DL flash to begin with....but you'll need it for that site

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
I pretty sure it needs javascript also...see the screenshot when I go to that link...
thats my NOSCRIPT firefox addon blocking it...

Edited by happyrck, 29 February 2008 - 10:36 AM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
sorry...shouldn't have let it be implied.....meant that both are probably required...when i go to the page...the blue background loads first then the flash fires up