Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My first computer build

• Please log in to reply

warfox101

warfox101

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi guys and gals ive ordered a new computer build this is what i bought.
pc direct
im going to use my old hard drive and it is a Western Digital model # WD800JBRTLW. And i have the ram and avery thing i need to get started. Now i have a few questions since im going to use my old hard drive do i need to wipe it clean? and if so how do i do that ? I have the disc it came with. Now for my second qustion after installing my hard drive is it as simple as putting in my motherboard disc and installing the drivers for it and bios and than installing my os. I know im a mega noob at this thats why i went so cheep on my first computer build annyway all your help would be varry appreciated.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
1) Don't need to wipe it if you don't want to.
2) Install Windows first then the drivers. It's kind of hard to do it the other way round :)