Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

a.doginhispen removal help

• Please log in to reply

Lila88

Lila88

• Pip
  • 3 posts
So apparently I have a virus (?!) and I'd really love some trustworthy advice. I've looked things up but I don't understand what the sites are asking me to do.

Everyday I have these sites appearing in my history:

a.doginhispen
b.skitodayplease

I've read that this is pretty bad. I know it's a trojan and that's all I got, lol. I've since blocked the sites but of course, that hasn't helped and they've returned within a few hours. Apparently this is common. The only issue I've had related to this is that any new windows I try and open take forever to load. As in, 2-3 minutes to open any new window or link. Then it's fine or at least it seems so.

Any advice? How did this get on my computer? I've seen a very limited number of success stories but again, I just don't understand how to do this. I'm moderately computer savvy but this is way over my head. I read something about the FindAWF program which is what lead me here. I searched a.doginhispen here to try and avoid duplicate threading so I appologize if this is a repeat.

Help?!
Thanks!

Edited by Lila88, 28 February 2008 - 09:39 PM.

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
You need to read the Sticky threads in the Malware Removal forum, and follow the steps there

Lila88

Lila88

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank you :) I didn't even know what "malware" was so that's why I started a new thread here.

Unfortunately, now that I've read through the stickies, I'm still confused. I went through some FAQ's also but am just totally lost. What steps should I follow? What do I do with this FindAWF program? What's a Hijak This Log, and how can that help? I'd love a link to this problem set in another forum and appologize for my serious lack of ability to find it on my own. I know my answers are here somewhere but I'm just having a very hard time finding them. I keep reading that this is a specific trojan and that it has to be dealt with in a specific way or it will continue to come back. I just don't understand how to actually go about removing it.

Again, thank you for your time! :)

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Read this topic

http://www.geekstogo...-Log-t2852.html

If the problem remains after running the scanners in the above link, follow this step

Step Five: Posting a Hijack This Log

It says it all there. You will need to post your HijackThis log in the Malware Removal forum, don't worry about the FindAWF program at the moment

Lila88

Lila88

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok thank you so much! I'll go through all the steps and try it from there. I had already read that but didn't know if it would apply to this problem or not.

Again, Thank you!