Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Slow read/write, SATA DVDRW drive

• Please log in to reply

bleu

bleu

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hello,
I am new to this forum and would greatly appreciate any help or suggestions that anyone could offer, thank you.

I recently purchased a new SATA LITE-ON DVDRW drive, model: LH-20A1L. I installed the drive and immediately noticed an extremely slow read/write rate. It took me 1hr and 1 min to burn a 3.5G data DVD O_0 (it burned at .9x)
I am running a Compaq Presario SR175ONX, Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 2) with ASUSTek Amberine M 1.03 Mobo. The HDD is SATA and operates perfectly.
I also noticed that I have no "recording tab" on the DVDRW drives properties, I checked that DMA was enabled (both in windows and Bios) and it is. I also updated the drive firmware to the latest version "BL05". The drive came with no drivers, simply Nero 7 essentials (which I did install).
I have no experience with Sata and Sata controllers. Any help with this situation would be greatly appreciated, and if anymore info is needed, please do ask. Thank you.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
What burning program are you using?

bleu

bleu

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Oops, this did turn out to be a DMA issue. I uninstalled the Secondary IDE channel, rebooted and then was able to put it into DMA.
Thanks again for the reply