Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FSB/ SDRAM Frequency not synchronize why is this?

• Please log in to reply

chickmazta

chickmazta

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
Hi to all! This is the first time I encountered this kind of error/problem. My friend's "OLD PC" keeps on entering bios setup during boot, it displays an error message "FSB/SDRAM frequency or/and CPU Eternal frequency. Your system is now working in safe mode. To optimize the system performance and realiability, make sure the frequency combination conforms to the specification of your CPU, SDRAM and other connected devices". This always happen whenever I power on his PC. I can change it back to the normal setting but no luck it still boots on bios setup. I already tried different combinations but nothing seems to help. Is there any possible way that the motherboard might be damged?Hope someone can help us TNX in advance!

this is his specs:

Intel pentium 3 processor 733Mhz
Asus CUSI-M Motherboard
*133MHz/100MHz FSB
*PC133 & VC133 SDRAM
*Dual Channel UltraDMA/66 BM IDE
*Integrated LAN
*Integrated Audio
64MB of PC133 SDram
20 GB Seagate,a modem
a CDRom and a floppy drive that's it and a 200watt power supply

BTW i already flashed the bios to 1009 version (i dont like the beta one and besides this came from the auto update software bundled with the CD"

^_^

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Asus used to be bad about running some PC133 ram on computers that were running 100 fsb. I would try finding some PC100 ram and running that in the computer. On one computer i ran 4 different brands of PC133 ram before the computer would not get an error running PC133 ram on a 100 bus. On that computer centon ram was the only ram that worked.

SRX660

chickmazta

chickmazta

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
Thanks for the reply sir, there's nothing wrong with the memory or the motherboard I already figured it out. It's the cmos battery, the rom wont save its settings because the battery was already dead. Unplugging the PC looses the power to save settings that why during boot everything is on reset. Tnx anyways

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Yes, that will cause the problem, I have a similar board that did that. But you can use more ram, 64mb isn't enough to run anything these days. See if your friend might have another 128gb or so to add. You will notice a huge improvement. Even a couple of 32mb sticks would help.