Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

blue tint

• Please log in to reply

danielmata

danielmata

• Pip
  • 2 posts
my monitor has got a blue tint, it comes and goes but for the past 20 min. has stayed. i don't know what to do? i checked google but no one had answers.

Advertisements

bleu

bleu

• Pip
  • 7 posts
had this happen with a Sony Viao CRT monitor once ... it died. I had to buy a new one ... however it did last for quite a few months before it finally "faded to black".

jeffk813

jeffk813

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
All CRT monitors have three electron guns in them that are responsible for three colors: red, green, and blue. When one of these guns goes bad, it's color is not reproduced and you get the effect you're reporting. It sounds as if your red gun has gone bad. Intermittently at first, but now it sounds more permanent. Even if it does come back it will not stay.

Unfortunately, it's not cost effective to repair a CRT monitor anymore. Time for a new one.

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,575 posts
The problem can also sometimes be caused by a bad cable. If you can remove it from the monitor, you might try another cable before replacing the monitor.