Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

need help with lost missing music folders please

• Please log in to reply

YokeeSmokesTt

YokeeSmokesTt

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hiya there

yeah seem to have misplaced my music files...am sure i have not deleted them as that would take some doing. ( have so many) the folders are still there physically but on opening, the tracks come up on the playlist but have a blatant red cross beside them., and or "file does not exist"

found a stack of my music files on a software prog that ive recently installed - WinUtilites. am pretty sure ive used one of this prog's tools and have tempoararily moved them...compressed, archived them or something, as there is a huge list of single tracks, files. but theres 1,000's of them.

as ive a rather large music library that i dont want to lose, as theres lots of music which i havent burnt coz its not my thing...but i love being able to swap tunes so although i have cd copies of most of the music i listen too. would really like to retieve all the folders that i have ripped

have had to restore system b4 so thats an obvious choice, so if i have to do this is there a quick way of simply restoring the folders...without my having to do each folder on an individual basis, when transfering to "my music" as this would take a mammoth session, but will do it if theres no other way. oh have tried restoring and after 3 attempts with differing dates for this month havent been able to restore. i think coz i havent actually created restore date for some while but i will do regulaly form now on.

any help, guidance or remarks concerning this dilema would be gratefully recieved and i promise not to shoot the messenger ... even if its news i dont wanna hear/read

many thanx pple - CHIN CHIN

Advertisements