Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

JMicron SCSI/RAID Controller Causes Crash

• Please log in to reply

3quilibrium

3quilibrium

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
So about 4 months ago I built my own computer, got it setup, and it ran fine. I installed the operating System, installed like a charm. I started downloading drivers for my hardware and when I rebooted I got an error message saying something about missing file, I believe it said "command.com" or something. I narrowed the issue down to the JMicron SCSI/RAID controller drivers that caused this crash. So I got rid of the drivers and windows booted up fine, but I keep getting constant messages saying "New hardware installed" on PCI slot, when I have all the drivers for my Graphics card, Network card, and sound card (all PCI, Graphics card is PCI-E). What I want to know is how to stop these constant bickering messages because it seems the JMicron SCSI/RAID controller is looking for drivers, but I had already disabled that device, and it still keeps asking me to install drivers at bootup. It's not a serious problem, just more of a nuisance.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
is that raid controller a PCI card? if so...are you using it? if not can you remove it from the computer?

3quilibrium

3quilibrium

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
No it's not a PCI card, it's integrated onto the MB but I don't use it.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
right click on my computer > choose manage > choose device manager> locate the raid controller, right click it and choose "uninstall". now reboot your computer and get into the bios (usually f2 or delete during boot up) look for a section about integrated peripherals and see if the raid controller is listed...if it is disable it