Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

I need some word help

• Please log in to reply

LiaoGoren

LiaoGoren

• PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
I need somewhat of a word guru... lol

if you can help me out on a project I will be greatfull!

Advertisements

Will_00

Will_00

• PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
Can you please give more information?

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
I'm sorry, my crystal ball isn't working today.
What exactly do you want to do with Word?

LiaoGoren

LiaoGoren

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
I am trying to edit a word document. I have attached the 2 files. I have "altered" the old one to make the new one. (the one with the 2 after it is the old one!) However I think I screwed it ALL up. The problem is that I dont know how to alter the old file so that its still the same format just with a few extra boxes and all that. I did an "ok" job. BUt you will notice that the lines in the top section dont match up at all. I need to figure out how to take the old file and twike it and make minor changes to it to make it look like the new one.

When ever you tab from box to box in the old one it goes in perfact order all the way down. When you tab in new one... lol its ALL JACKED up.

First off I can usually find the problems with help and all that... but I dont even understand HOW this was made... I have never seen it before. But by playing with it I "kinda" figured it out.... but I still wanna learn so that I can format all the other files (about 100 of them) over the next month or so.

SO any help you can offer would be GREAT!~

Attached Files

LiaoGoren

LiaoGoren

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
can no one help me out???

LiaoGoren

LiaoGoren

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
comeon someone please help me!

LiaoGoren

LiaoGoren

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
I still need help if anyone can help me out here... or direct me to some place that can

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
I'll run the problem through my dad (I'm not sure if he uses Word) because he makes/edits forms as he works for the school system.

Also, since it's been more than 3 days I'd suggest posting this (follow the instructions in the sticky post) at http://www.geekstogo...-Room-f100.html

Gumby©

Gumby©

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Not sure if I have a complete solution you're looking for but I'll try (I'm not understanding the part where you're talking about the lines).

In your old form, you mentioned that when you tab it goes from entryfield to entryfield as expected but not so with the new form. If you 'lock' the new form you will be able to 'tab' through it like the old form. If you don't have the 'Forms Toolbar' displayed you will need to add it (click on the 'View menu', then 'Toolbars' then 'Forms'). Then, click on the icon that appears as a padlock. That will lock the form so you can't edit any of the form but will still allow you to input data into the entryfields and 'tab' from one entryfield to the next. I hope that helps.

Gumby©

I've attached an image file to help.

Attached Thumbnails

• Forms_Toolbar_Elements.JPG

LiaoGoren

LiaoGoren

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
lol thanks, but if you DL the forms, you will notice that even when locked the new one still refuses to tab in the proper order. Everyone keeps telling me to use macros, but in the OLD form there are no macros?????

Will_00

Will_00

• PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
You seem to have the formatting setting set differently - See Attachments.

Posted Image

and second format:

Posted Image

You can view this by:

Format - Reveal Formatting

LiaoGoren

LiaoGoren

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
Yes they are formatted differently. I had to alter it to add the few extra sections and what not. Its not the problem, if you notice one of the boxes does not match up with the rest, and if you tab thru form, its all jacked up... lol