Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Modem Problem

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Lately I have been having problems staying online. I log on and sometimes I am able to stay on for awhile and other times I get booted off after about 5 minutes. Everything is slower loading online. My neighbor has the same internet provider and does not have any problems at all. Several times I have gotten the following error message.

U S Robotics Driver interface has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvience.

Could my modem possibly be going bad? I just had my computer redone about two months ago. Had it completely wiped out and reloaded. Was having this problem before I had the computer redone.

Hope someone can help.

• PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
Hi Lindy,

You could try looking for an updated driver for it at the US Robticis site.

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Hi Lindy45 & welcome to Geeks2Go!

Your problem might be fixed by installing a newer driver for the USR modem if it's connected to a USB port at the PC end, especially since the error refers directly to your existing modem interface. Go here and select your modem type/model from the menu boxes or from the devices printed in red below the menu boxes. This is the support site for USA residents: http://www.usr.com/s...s-main-menu.asp

Edited by pip22, 01 March 2008 - 08:25 AM.