I am having some internet dropout problems that so far i nor anyone else have not been able to solve and i was wondering if i have overlooked something that you may pick up on.
Ill start with the symptoms:
1. Constant internet dropouts at night only from about roughly 8pm onwards give or take an hour. Completely random anywhere from no dropouts one night to a dozen or more dropouts the next night sometimes as little as 5 mins apart to half hour apart with the dropout lasting usually for 30secs or so and rarely up to 15mins or so.
2. when these dropouts occur my modem which is a lynksys AG241 loses sync to the dsl and internet with both lights dropping out completely whilst the power and ethernet light stay steady green.
3. During these dropouts i can not check emails, surf the net, download nor play online games.
Now i have tried numerous things all of which have not worked so ill list them and hopefully ive overlooked something.
1. I have tried replacing my modem with a brand new modem (no luck) this includes cables to and from modem, there are no filters between modem and phone jack.
2. I have tried unplugging all other appliances in my house to make sure there was no possible interference, this includes phone,fridge,dryer etc. I do not have foxtel,back to base alarms etc etc & my modem plugs directly into an independant phone jack. I have also tried replacing the phone filter.
3. I have had a telephone technician check my line during the day & he stated that my line was crystal clear with no interference whatsoever.
4. I have had a computer technician check my computer and modem to ensure all settings etc were ok and no other faulty hardware. All tested ok.
5. I have had my ISP log a fault with Telstra to which they found a fault with my line. To correct this they put a stabilizer on my line which made absolutely no difference whatsoever to the issue im having.
6. I have also changed providers from Exetel to Internode & the problem has carried over.
I have relogged the issue now with Internode and they tell me that none of these dropouts are showing at their end which would appear that i am not getting disconnected from the internet at all but if im losing sync on the internet and dsl light on my modem it has to be disconnected yes?.
the problem i run into now is a telstra technician will only come out during the day when my connection is 100% normal. Internode are further looking into it and have esculated the fault to senior staff and will get back to me shortly.
Anything else you can think of to try would be greatly appreciated as it is driving me nuts