Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Comodo Removal

• Please log in to reply

grc1

grc1

• Pip
  • 4 posts
On the suggestion of a well-meaning/well-intentioned (I suppose?) person at another Tech site, I installed a "Comodo" Free Firewall several weeks ago. After never seeming to be able to "train" the darn thing (and hence, get it to quit pestering me - MULTIPLE TIMES - at every click of the mouse!), I decided to give it up. Well, after believing I'd un-installed it correctly (throughly), my Vista Security Center now informs me that I have TWO (2) firewalls running, or "On".

This is not a good thing, but it does seem to explain the freeze-ups, pauses & delays I've been experiencing since deciding to shut Comodo down!!

Can anyone please possibly tell me how to turn this thing OFF - and hopefully remove it once and for all - completely - from my one month-old PC? It does NOT show (display) in "Add/Remove Programs", only in my Windows (Vista, Home Basic) "Security Center", and Windows says Comodo FWreports as being "On", in addition to the Vista FW being on.

Thanks in advance,
g ...

Edited by grc1, 29 February 2008 - 10:50 PM.

Advertisements