Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

laptop and usb flooded with viruses, help really needed

• Please log in to reply

convergecult

convergecult

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
Please help me!:c

i just bought my friend's laptop and it has an antivirus AVG but is not updated for more than a hundred days, i had this usb flash drive and i use it to copy files, powerpoints from different laptops, then i was infected by this virus:

krag.exe

my usb always says: IM NOT THE ONLY ONE everytime i open it! my usb also contains a folder with the name SSCVIIHOST and RECYCLER. there are also copies of my folders in my usb which i didnt make, and when i delete them, they keep on coming back!:c

please help me remove them!:c

krag.exe also infected my laptop! the same with SSCVIIHOST, i always see it in my windows folder at drive C, when i delete it, it keeps on coming back.

also my friend asked me to run my regedit to delete the virus but then, a message says that i cannot open my regedit! and even my task manager wont open! it says:

Task Manager has been disabled by the administrator

also my yahoo messenger had a virus.

i cannot even open the folder options tab i think a virus had disabled it.;c

i updated my AVG and scanned my usb and laptop, after scanning, my AVG transferred the krag.exe to the Virus Vault. i also scanned my usb and it also showed that the krag.exe was transferred to the Virus Vault. but still when i opened my usb, i still see the non-deletable folders!:c

my laptop and usb are now flooding with viruses...;c please help me..

please...;c i badly needed my laptop and usb and i dont want to reformat my laptop as much as possible because of important school files and documents. please help me..:c

anyone...;c

thank you and God bless you all!

Edited by convergecult, 01 March 2008 - 07:04 AM.

Advertisements

kahdah

kahdah

GeekU Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 15,822 posts
Hello convergecult

Welcome to G2Go. :)
===================
* Click here to download HJTsetup.exe
  • Save HJTsetup.exe to your desktop.
  • Doubleclick on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
  • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Hijack This.
  • Click on I agree
  • Then Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
  • Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
  • Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
  • DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

convergecult

convergecult

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
hello kahdah! im so thankful that you could help me!c:

here is my hijackthis logfile:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 9:25:37 AM, on 3/2/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared Files\RichVideo.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\SSCVIIHOST.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\VTTimer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\VTtrayp.exe
C:\Program Files\VIAudioi\SBADeck\ADeck.exe
C:\WINDOWS\sm56hlpr.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\WINDOWS\mHotkey.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\jusched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ZSSnp211.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Domino.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_S4I3T1.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMBgMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMIndexStoreSvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\ymsgr_tray.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgw.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMIndexingService.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://us.rd.yahoo.c...rch/search.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://us.rd.yahoo.c...//www.yahoo.com
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://us.rd.yahoo.c...//www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://us.rd.yahoo.c...rch/search.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://us.rd.yahoo.c...//www.yahoo.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://us.rd.yahoo.c...//www.yahoo.com
F2 - REG:system.ini: Shell=Explorer.exe SSCVIIHOST.exe
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=userinit.exe,C:\WINDOWS\system\svchost.exe
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! IE Services Button - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: EpsonToolBandKicker Class - {E99421FB-68DD-40F0-B4AC-B7027CAE2F1A} - C:\Program Files\EPSON\EPSON Web-To-Page\EPSON Web-To-Page.dll
O3 - Toolbar: EPSON Web-To-Page - {EE5D279F-081B-4404-994D-C6B60AAEBA6D} - C:\Program Files\EPSON\EPSON Web-To-Page\EPSON Web-To-Page.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VTTimer] VTTimer.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VTTrayp] VTtrayp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AudioDeck] C:\Program Files\VIAudioi\SBADeck\ADeck.exe 1
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SMSERIAL] C:\WINDOWS\sm56hlpr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CHotkey] mHotkey.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RemoteControl] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LanguageShortcut] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\Language\Language.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ZSSnp211] C:\WINDOWS\ZSSnp211.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Domino] C:\WINDOWS\Domino.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EPSON Stylus C45 Series] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_S4I3T1.EXE /P23 "EPSON Stylus C45 Series" /O6 "USB001" /M "Stylus C45"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EPSON Stylus C45 Series (Copy 1)] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_S4I3T1.EXE /P32 "EPSON Stylus C45 Series (Copy 1)" /O6 "USB001" /M "Stylus C45"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BgMonitor_{79662E04-7C6C-4d9f-84C7-88D8A56B10AA}] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMBgMonitor.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] "C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YAHOOM~1.EXE" -quiet
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BitComet] "C:\Program Files\BitComet\BitComet.exe" /tray
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo Messengger] C:\WINDOWS\system32\SSCVIIHOST.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'Default user')
O7 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System, DisableRegedit=1
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (Installation Support) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\Yinsthelper.dll
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{59D913E1-4021-4FE1-BBD2-1017C200E09F}: NameServer = 210.4.2.9 202.78.97.41
O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{59D913E1-4021-4FE1-BBD2-1017C200E09F}: NameServer = 210.4.2.9 202.78.97.41
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: NBService - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\Nero BackItUp\NBService.exe
O23 - Service: NMIndexingService - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMIndexingService.exe
O23 - Service: Cyberlink RichVideo Service(CRVS) (RichVideo) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared Files\RichVideo.exe

--
End of file - 8336 bytes

kahdah

kahdah

GeekU Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 15,822 posts
You are welcome :)
===============
First let's get rid of the flash drive infection:
  • 1 - Flash Drive Disinfector
    Download Flash_Disinfector.exe by sUBs from >here< and save it to your desktop.
  • Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow any prompts that may appear.
  • The utility may ask you to insert your flash drive and/or other removable drives including your mobile phone. Please do so and allow the utility to clean up those drives as well.
  • Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.
  • Reboot your computer when done.
Note: Flash_Disinfector will create a hidden folder named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive plugged in when you ran it. Don't delete this folder...it will help protect your drives from future infection.
==========================================
After that Download SDFix and save it to your Desktop.

Double click SDFix.exe and choose Install to extract it to its own folder on the Desktop. Please then reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following :
  • Restart your computer
  • After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;
  • Instead of Windows loading as normal, the Advanced Options Menu should appear;
  • Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press Enter.
  • Choose your usual account.
  • Open the extracted SDFix folder and double click RunThis.bat to start the script.
  • Type Y to begin the cleanup process.
  • It will remove any Trojan Services or Registry Entries found then prompt you to press any key to Reboot.
  • Press any Key and it will restart the PC.
  • When the PC restarts the Fixtool will run again and complete the removal process then display Finished, press any key to end the script and load your desktop icons.
  • Once the desktop icons load the SDFix report will open on screen and also save into the SDFix folder as Report.txt.
  • Finally copy and paste the contents of the results file Report.txt back onto the forum with a new HijackThis log

convergecult

convergecult

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
hey kahdah. :)

how does the flash disinfector works? cause sometimes when i double click on it, no window opens, but if it does, it only shows the window that says:

press OK to start disinfection.

when i press okay, nothing happens.:S

kahdah

kahdah

GeekU Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 15,822 posts
That's ok go on to SDFix we will try that tool later.

convergecult

convergecult

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
hey kahdah, just came home from school, :)

i did what you said, i extracted the SDFix folder to my desktop then i restarted my laptop to safe mode, but when i double-clicked the RunThis.bat, it wont open! if it does, it is just for a mere split second then disappears!

what's happening to my laptop! :) :)

i dont know what to do....:) please help me kahdah...:)

kahdah

kahdah

GeekU Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 15,822 posts
Download ComboFix from one of the locations below, and save it to your Desktop.

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3

Double click combofix.exe and follow the prompts. Please, never rename Combofix unless instructed.
When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Post that log and a HiJackthis log in your next reply
Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while its running. That may cause it to stall

convergecult

convergecult

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
in combofix, should i do it in safemode? cause when i tried it in normal mode, when i doubleclick it, still, nothing happened.:)

should i just reformat my laptop?:) :)

kahdah

kahdah

GeekU Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 15,822 posts
That is a very last resort.

Lets try this instead:

Click on your START button and choose Run. Then copy/paste the entire content of the following quotebox (Including the "" marks and the Symbols) into the run box.
"%userprofile%\desktop\ComboFix.exe" /KillAll
Click OK and this will start ComboFix in a special way.
When finished, it will produce a log. Please save that log to a Notepad File to post in your next reply along with a fresh HJT log.

If it doesn't work then try this :

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here or Here

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Full Scan", then click Scan.
  • The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.
Extra Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatley.
=====================
Let me know how it goes.

Advertisements

convergecult

convergecult

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
sorry for the late reply kahdah, it has been a busy school week for me, lots of thesis, and i use this laptop for those.:)

the combofix still didn't work, so i resorted to malwarebytes

by the way this is my malwarebytes log:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.07
Database version: 461

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|)
Objects scanned: 71841
Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 35 minute(s), 0 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 1
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 1

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\Yahoo Messengger (Worm.Sohanad) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\SSCVIIHOST.exe (Worm.Sohanad) -> Delete on reboot.

and this is my new hijackthis log:

Scan saved at 9:10:36 PM, on 3/6/2008

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SSCVIIHOST.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\VTtrayp.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgw.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://us.rd.yahoo.c...rch/search.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://us.rd.yahoo.c...//www.yahoo.com
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://us.rd.yahoo.c...//www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://us.rd.yahoo.c...rch/search.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://us.rd.yahoo.c...//www.yahoo.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://us.rd.yahoo.c...//www.yahoo.com
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! IE Services Button - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: EpsonToolBandKicker Class - {E99421FB-68DD-40F0-B4AC-B7027CAE2F1A} - C:\Program Files\EPSON\EPSON Web-To-Page\EPSON Web-To-Page.dll
O3 - Toolbar: EPSON Web-To-Page - {EE5D279F-081B-4404-994D-C6B60AAEBA6D} - C:\Program Files\EPSON\EPSON Web-To-Page\EPSON Web-To-Page.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RemoteControl] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LanguageShortcut] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\Language\Language.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EPSON Stylus C45 Series] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_S4I3T1.EXE /P23 "EPSON Stylus C45 Series" /O6 "USB001" /M "Stylus C45"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EPSON Stylus C45 Series (Copy 1)] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_S4I3T1.EXE /P32 "EPSON Stylus C45 Series (Copy 1)" /O6 "USB001" /M "Stylus C45"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BgMonitor_{79662E04-7C6C-4d9f-84C7-88D8A56B10AA}] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMBgMonitor.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe" -quiet
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo Messengger] C:\WINDOWS\system32\SSCVIIHOST.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'Default user')
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (Installation Support) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\Yinsthelper.dll
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: NBService - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\Nero BackItUp\NBService.exe
O23 - Service: NMIndexingService - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMIndexingService.exe
O23 - Service: Cyberlink RichVideo Service(CRVS) (RichVideo) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared Files\RichVideo.exe

--
End of file - 7901 bytes

i restarted my computer because mbam asked me to in order to remove SSCVIIHOST, but still why do is still see SSCVIIHOST.exe in the hijackthis log (i dont know how to read it but i saw SSCVIIHOST so i assumed it was still present) and in the windows folder, i thought malwarebytes can remove it.:)

thank you kahdah!

Edited by convergecult, 06 March 2008 - 07:34 AM.

kahdah

kahdah

GeekU Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 15,822 posts
That is ok.
This is just a stubborn infection.
=================
Make sure that you paste the following file paths under the yellow bar within the OTMoveit2 program or it will not work correctly.

Please download the OTMoveIt2 by OldTimer.
  • Save it to your desktop.
  • Please double-click OTMoveIt2.exe to run it. (Vista users, please right click on OTMoveit2.exe and select "Run as an Administrator")
  • Copy the file paths below to the clipboard by highlighting ALL of them and pressing CTRL + C (or, after highlighting, right-click and choose Copy):

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\Yahoo Messengger
  • Return to OTMoveIt2, right click in the "Paste List Of Files/Patterns To Search For and Move" window (under the yellow bar) and choose Paste.
  • Click the red Moveit! button.
  • A log of files and folders moved will be created in the c:\_OTMoveIt\MovedFiles folder in the form of Date and Time (mmddyyyy_hhmmss.log). Please open this log in Notepad and post its contents in your next reply.
  • Close OTMoveIt2
If a file or folder cannot be moved immediately you may be asked to reboot the machine to finish the move process. If you are asked to reboot the machine choose Yes.
============================
Then :

Please download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) and save it to your Desktop.
  • Close all other windows before proceeding.
  • Double-click on dss.exe and follow the prompts.
  • When it has finished, dss will open two Notepads main.txt and extra.txt -- please copy (CTRL+A and then CTRL+C) and paste (CTRL+V) the contents of main.txt and extra.txt in your next reply.

convergecult

convergecult

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
i really appreciate what you are doing, thank you kahdah!:)

here is my OTMoveIt2 logfile:

[Custom Input]
< C:\WINDOWS\system32\SSCVIIHOST.exe >
File/Folder C:\WINDOWS\system32\SSCVIIHOST.exe not found.
< HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\Yahoo Messengger >
Registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\Yahoo Messengger\\ not found.

OTMoveIt2 v1.0.20 log created on 03072008_185738

and here is my DSS main.txt:

Deckard's System Scanner v20071014.68
Run by `Rachiel on 2008-03-07 19:04:48
Computer is in Normal Mode.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Restore --------------------------------------------------------------

Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point.

-- Last 5 Restore Point(s) --
24: 2008-03-07 11:06:10 UTC - RP68 - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point
23: 2008-03-04 12:47:21 UTC - RP67 - System Checkpoint
22: 2008-03-01 06:02:10 UTC - RP66 - Removed EA SPORTS™ NBA LIVE 08
21: 2008-02-28 13:30:30 UTC - RP65 - System Checkpoint
20: 2008-02-25 11:17:40 UTC - RP64 - Installed EPSON Web-To-Page

-- First Restore Point --
1: 2007-12-22 10:59:08 UTC - RP45 - System Checkpoint

Backed up registry hives.
Performed disk cleanup.

Percentage of Memory in Use: 81% (more than 75%).
Total Physical Memory: 191 MiB (512 MiB recommended).

-- HijackThis (run as `Rachiel.exe) --------------------------------------------

Scan saved at 7:10:03 PM, on 3/7/2008

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SSCVIIHOST.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\`Rachiel\Desktop\dss.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\HIJACK~1\`Rachiel.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe" -quiet

--
End of file - 7763 bytes

-- File Associations -----------------------------------------------------------

.reg - regfile - shell\open\command - "%1" %*
.scr - scrfile - shell\open\command - "%1" %*

-- Drivers: 0-Boot, 1-System, 2-Auto, 3-Demand, 4-Disabled ---------------------

S3 ZSMC211 (USB PC Camera (ZS0211)) - c:\windows\system32\drivers\zs211.sys <Not Verified; ZSMC Corporation; >

-- Services: 0-Boot, 1-System, 2-Auto, 3-Demand, 4-Disabled --------------------

R2 RichVideo (Cyberlink RichVideo Service(CRVS)) - "c:\program files\cyberlink\shared files\richvideo.exe" <Not Verified; ; RichVideo Module>
R3 NMIndexingService - "c:\program files\common files\ahead\lib\nmindexingservice.exe" <Not Verified; Nero AG; Nero Home>

S3 Aeracdaoac -
S3 NBService - c:\program files\nero\nero 7\nero backitup\nbservice.exe

-- Device Manager: Disabled ----------------------------------------------------

No disabled devices found.

-- Scheduled Tasks -------------------------------------------------------------

2008-03-06 20:53:46 354 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\At1.job
2008-02-29 17:15:00 396 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\1-Click Maintenance.job

-- Files created between 2008-02-07 and 2008-03-07 -----------------------------

2008-03-06 18:58:52 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\`Rachiel\Application Data\Malwarebytes
2008-03-06 18:57:45 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes
2008-03-06 18:57:40 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
2008-03-03 19:05:03 3609 --a------ C:\Start_.cmd
2008-03-03 19:05:02 0 d-------- C:\327882R2FWJFW
2008-03-03 17:11:04 0 dr-h----- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\SendTo
2008-03-03 17:11:04 0 d--h----- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Recent
2008-03-03 17:11:04 0 d--h----- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\PrintHood
2008-03-03 17:11:04 0 d--h----- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\NetHood
2008-03-03 17:11:04 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents
2008-03-03 17:11:04 0 d--h----- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings
2008-03-03 17:11:04 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Favorites
2008-03-03 17:11:04 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop
2008-03-03 17:11:04 0 d---s---- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Cookies
2008-03-03 17:11:04 0 dr-h----- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data
2008-03-03 17:11:04 0 d---s---- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft
2008-03-03 17:11:03 0 d--h----- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Templates
2008-03-03 17:11:03 0 dr------- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Start Menu
2008-03-03 17:11:03 524288 --ah----- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\NTUSER.DAT
2008-03-02 09:21:40 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\Trend Micro
2008-03-02 09:04:44 249994 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\SSCVIIHOST.exe
2008-02-25 19:12:22 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\UDL
2008-02-25 19:08:32 131072 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\Epcmlib.dll <Not Verified; SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION; EPSON CardMonitor Library>
2008-02-25 18:58:43 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\EPSON
2008-02-19 19:36:39 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy
2008-02-19 17:37:06 0 d-------- C:\WINDOWS\pss
2008-02-13 19:30:15 249994 -rahs---- C:\WINDOWS\system32\blastclnnn.exe

-- Find3M Report ---------------------------------------------------------------

2008-03-06 21:52:46 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\`Rachiel\Application Data\AVG7
2008-02-25 19:17:40 0 d--h----- C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information
2008-02-17 20:33:37 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\Nokia
2008-02-03 20:13:26 511 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\eReg.dat
2008-02-01 22:03:19 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\PCSuite
2008-02-01 22:03:19 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nokia
2008-02-01 21:23:03 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files
2008-01-30 19:38:11 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\Liquid Entertainment
2008-01-29 00:50:53 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\DivX
2008-01-13 10:24:29 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\`Rachiel\Application Data\LimeWire
2008-01-08 15:00:38 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\`Rachiel\Application Data\U3

-- Registry Dump ---------------------------------------------------------------

Unable to run batchfile; Access is denied.
ComSpec: C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe

-- Hosts -----------------------------------------------------------------------

127.0.0.1 www.007guard.com
127.0.0.1 007guard.com
127.0.0.1 008i.com
127.0.0.1 www.008k.com
127.0.0.1 008k.com
127.0.0.1 www.00hq.com
127.0.0.1 00hq.com
127.0.0.1 010402.com
127.0.0.1 www.032439.com
127.0.0.1 032439.com

7899 more entries in hosts file.

-- End of Deckard's System Scanner: finished at 2008-03-07 19:11:48 ------------

and here is my DSS extra.txt:

Deckard's System Scanner v20071014.68
Extra logfile - please post this as an attachment with your post.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Information ----------------------------------------------------------

Microsoft Windows XP Professional (build 2600) SP 2.0
Architecture: X86; Language: English

CPU 0: Intel® Celeron® M CPU 410 @ 1.46GHz
Percentage of Memory in Use: 76%
Physical Memory (total/avail): 190.11 MiB / 43.86 MiB
Pagefile Memory (total/avail): 463.4 MiB / 229.45 MiB
Virtual Memory (total/avail): 2047.88 MiB / 1945.14 MiB

C: is Fixed (NTFS) - 37.25 GiB total, 25.84 GiB free.
D: is CDROM (No Media)

\\.\PHYSICALDRIVE0 - HTS421240H9AT00 - 37.26 GiB - 1 partition
\PARTITION0 (bootable) - Installable File System - 37.25 GiB - C:

-- Security Center -------------------------------------------------------------

AUOptions is disabled.
Windows Internal Firewall is enabled.

FirstRunDisabled is set.

AV: AVG 7.5.516 v7.5.516 (Grisoft) Outdated

[HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\DomainProfile\AuthorizedApplications\List]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"="%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe:*:enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"

[HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\StandardProfile\AuthorizedApplications\List]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"="%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe:*:enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"C:\\Program Files\\Grisoft\\AVG Free\\avginet.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Grisoft\\AVG Free\\avginet.exe:*:Enabled:avginet.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\Grisoft\\AVG Free\\avgamsvr.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Grisoft\\AVG Free\\avgamsvr.exe:*:Enabled:avgamsvr.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\Grisoft\\AVG Free\\avgcc.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Grisoft\\AVG Free\\avgcc.exe:*:Enabled:avgcc.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\Grisoft\\AVG Free\\avgemc.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Grisoft\\AVG Free\\avgemc.exe:*:Enabled:avgemc.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\Yahoo!\\Messenger\\YahooMessenger.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Yahoo!\\Messenger\\YahooMessenger.exe:*:Enabled:Yahoo! Messenger"
"C:\\Program Files\\Yahoo!\\Messenger\\YServer.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Yahoo!\\Messenger\\YServer.exe:*:Enabled:Yahoo! FT Server"
"C:\\Program Files\\LimeWire\\LimeWire.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\LimeWire\\LimeWire.exe:*:Enabled:LimeWire"
"C:\\Program Files\\Messenger\\msmsgs.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Messenger\\msmsgs.exe:*:Enabled:Windows Messenger"
"C:\\Program Files\\Mozilla Firefox\\firefox.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Mozilla Firefox\\firefox.exe:*:Enabled:Firefox"
"C:\\Program Files\\iTunes\\iTunes.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\iTunes\\iTunes.exe:*:Enabled:iTunes"
"C:\\Program Files\\BitTorrent_DNA\\dna.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\BitTorrent_DNA\\dna.exe:*:Enabled:BitTorrent DNA"
"C:\\Program Files\\BitTorrent\\bittorrent.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\BitTorrent\\bittorrent.exe:*:Enabled:BitTorrent"
"C:\\Program Files\\BitComet\\BitComet.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\BitComet\\BitComet.exe:*:Enabled:BitComet - a BitTorrent Client"
"C:\\Program Files\\Liquid Entertainment\\Battle Realms\\Battle_Realms_F.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Liquid Entertainment\\Battle Realms\\Battle_Realms_F.exe:*:Enabled:Battle_Realms_F"

-- Environment Variables -------------------------------------------------------

-- User Profiles ---------------------------------------------------------------

`Rachiel (admin)
Administrator (new local, admin)

-- Add/Remove Programs ---------------------------------------------------------

-- Application Event Log -------------------------------------------------------

Event Record #/Type3126 / Error
Event Submitted/Written: 02/25/2008 07:30:47 PM
Event ID/Source: 1002 / Application Hang
Event Description:
Hanging application TeaTimer.exe, version 1.5.2.16, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

Event Record #/Type3120 / Error
Event Submitted/Written: 02/24/2008 04:12:31 PM
Event ID/Source: 1000 / Application Error
Event Description:
Faulting application yahoomessenger.exe, version 8.1.0.249, faulting module p2pce.dll, version 1.0.0.0, fault address 0x00016675.
Processing media-specific event for [yahoomessenger.exe!ws!]

Event Record #/Type3103 / Error
Event Submitted/Written: 02/23/2008 09:07:56 AM
Event Description:
Faulting application explorer.exe, version 6.0.2900.2180, faulting module wmp.dll, version 10.0.0.4036, fault address 0x00224b6a.
Processing media-specific event for [explorer.exe!ws!]

Event Record #/Type3102 / Error
Event Submitted/Written: 02/23/2008 09:07:21 AM
Event Description:
Faulting application wmplayer.exe, version 10.0.0.3802, faulting module qdvd.dll, version 6.5.2600.2180, fault address 0x000526ae.
Processing media-specific event for [wmplayer.exe!ws!]

Event Record #/Type3101 / Error
Event Submitted/Written: 02/23/2008 09:04:28 AM
Event Description:
Faulting application wmplayer.exe, version 10.0.0.3802, faulting module qdvd.dll, version 6.5.2600.2180, fault address 0x000526ae.
Processing media-specific event for [wmplayer.exe!ws!]

-- Security Event Log ----------------------------------------------------------

No Errors/Warnings found.

-- System Event Log ------------------------------------------------------------

Event Record #/Type13592 / Warning
Event Submitted/Written: 03/07/2008 05:57:30 PM
Event ID/Source: 256 / PlugPlayManager
Event Description:
Timed out sending notification of device interface change to window of "C:\WINDOWS\ZSSnp211.exe"

Event Record #/Type13586 / Warning
Event Submitted/Written: 03/06/2008 09:20:11 PM
Event ID/Source: 4226 / Tcpip
Event Description:
TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts.

Event Record #/Type13562 / Error
Event Submitted/Written: 03/06/2008 08:53:33 PM
Event ID/Source: 7023 / Service Control Manager
Event Description:
The Network Manager Service service terminated with the following error:
%%126

Event Record #/Type13561 / Error
Event Submitted/Written: 03/06/2008 08:53:33 PM
Event ID/Source: 7023 / Service Control Manager
Event Description:
The DNS Connection service terminated with the following error:
%%126

Event Record #/Type13542 / Error
Event Submitted/Written: 03/06/2008 05:31:47 PM
Event ID/Source: 7011 / Service Control Manager
Event Description:
Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for a transaction response from the stisvc service.

-- End of Deckard's System Scanner: finished at 2008-03-07 19:11:48 ------------

kahdah

kahdah

GeekU Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 15,822 posts
You are welcome :)
Go ahead and uninstall Malware bytes antimalware.

Then Please re-open Hijackthis and click on "Do a system scan only"
Then place a check mark next to these entries below:

Now click on Fix Checked and then close Hijackthis.
===================================================
Please do an online scan with Kaspersky WebScanner
(This scanner is for use with internet explorer only)
Click on "Accept"

You will be promted to install an ActiveX component from Kaspersky, Click Yes.
  • The program will launch and then begin downloading the latest definition files:
  • Once the files have been downloaded click on NEXT
  • Now click on Scan Settings
  • In the scan settings make that the following are selected:
    • Scan using the following Anti-Virus database:
    Extended (if available otherwise Standard)
    • Scan Options:
    Scan Archives
    Scan Mail Bases
  • Click OK
  • Now under select a target to scan:Select My Computer
  • This will program will start and scan your system.
  • The scan will take a while so be patient and let it run.
  • Once the scan is complete it will display if your system has been infected.
    • Now click on the Save as Text button:
  • Save the file to your desktop.
  • Copy and paste that information in your next post.

convergecult

convergecult

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
i did what you asked me to do on hijack this. but, uhm, i just want to ask something, cause i'm only using a dial-up internet connection, and in downloading kaspersky files, it is taking me sooo long. and i presume if it starts to scan my pc, it will also eat up a lot of time, unfortunately, i cant stay up on the internet for too long cause my uncle sometimes uses the phone for office purposes, is there another way?:) thank you kahdah!