Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Adobe Reader Glitch

• Please log in to reply

GlobalNomads

GlobalNomads

• Pip
  • 9 posts
The last few days my Adobe Reader (version 8.1.1) is not working. It may open some docs but most have an error message. I went to Adobe.com and tried to download the latest version but upon installation recieved an error ..."Could not open the package, please verify the patch exists or contact the vendor". Tried the change>repair option with the same error msg.
I have gone to start>control panel>add/remove pgrms> and tried to remove Adbbe reader and get the same error message. Any ideas how I can pitch it and start over?

Advertisements

hidyjane

hidyjane

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
Hi GlobalNomads

Try to remove Adobe Reader 8.0 using the uninstaller located on this page

http://kb.adobe.com/...n...9&sliceId=1

Hope this helps
Hidyjane

texasbuc

texasbuc

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Whether you can uninstall it or not, next time try Foxit Reader. It is free, loads faster, and has more options.