Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Monitor problems

• Please log in to reply

tidetogo

tidetogo

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My computer is on and working fine, but my monitor keeps flashing black. The actual computer picture is only visible for less than a second - barely, it shows long enough to see the picture but then goes black again. The light that signals that the moniter is turned on stays lit while it flashes black.
I've checked all the plugs and they seem to be fine, and the wires aren't caught in anything.
Its been happening for about two hours.

Its a flatscreen, "SyncMaster 715v"
It's definitely my monitor though. I have my Dad's monitor hooked up to the computer right now and its working fine. And I tried my monitor on my dad's computer, and it still flashed, so its definitely my monitor
and i can't switch the cords to see if its that, dad's monitor is super old - got it in 1998 i believe, and the cord is attached to the monitor at the back, like apart of it. and even if it would come off, its not the same shape.

any idea whats wrong with it or if its fixable?

Advertisements

tidetogo

tidetogo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
also, it flashes when just plugged in, and not plugged into the computer.