Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do you set up a link to a website in the context of all your email

• Please log in to reply

rxkevco

rxkevco

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts
Hi all,,
I should know this by now,, but in all honesty, never had the need for it before !

I have just set up a soundclick webpage for myself to showcase some music that i have written and would like to be able to embed the link in all my emails rather than sending the link out individually.

Any ideas,, i thought it had to do with signitures within the options of the email client,, but windows mail wont let me copy the link into the signiture box at all ! !

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
You'll need to put the web-page link in the main body of the message, then you can send it to several people at once by typing their email addresses into the 'To' line at the top, separating each one with a semi-colon followed by a space (for Outlook & Outlook Express, that is. Separation method may be different for other email clients). Example: To: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]

If you don't want each recipient to know who else you sent it to, put the addresses in the 'BCC' (blind carbon copy) line instead. If you can't see the 'BCC' line in your composing window, go to 'View->Bcc field' (applies to Outlook 2000 which I use). Some email servers/providers don't like to get emails with an empty 'To' line, so if you do use the 'Bcc' option and they keep being rejected by the server, put your own address in the 'To' line. Of course, you'll then get a copy sent back of your own email but it will solve the problem of 'bounced' emails. Try it without first as it may not be necessary.

Edited by pip22, 01 March 2008 - 06:24 PM.

rxkevco

rxkevco

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts
Thanks pip,,,
I have sussed that one out already,,,but wouldnt it be nice if i could have the link at the bottom of every email i send or reply to ! :)

I have managed to set the link to appear at the bottom of my profile in many of the forums i visit,,,, why cant it just be set to appear in the text of al my emails ?

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Add the link to your signature. Procedure to use depends on your email client,

Ron

Edited by Major Payne, 01 March 2008 - 08:07 PM.